World Environment Day
05 Jun 2013
World Environment Day is an annual event aimed at being the biggest and most widely celebrated global day for positive environmental action.
Why not take a step today and begin making small changes to live more sustainably?
Here are some simple things you can do to acknowledge World Environment Day.
- Walk, bus or bike places instead of driving
- Purchase a recyclable coffee cup for your morning coffee or look out for a free Keep Cup™ at some Perth cafes.
- Don’t buy anything wrapped in plastic today or consider getting involved in Plastic free July to change your habits.
- Choose to use a crockery and real cutlery from the office kitchen instead of plastic plates and utensils.
- Say NO to plastic bags at the checkout.
- Take your own water bottle-don’t buy drinks in plastic bottles.
- Put on a jumper instead of turning on your heater tonight.
- Switch off and unplug appliances if you aren’t using them.
- Pick up a piece of litter and put it in a bin.
- Purchase no single use packaging.
- Make sure all your organic waste is composted or goes into a worm farm or bokashi bucket.
- Eat a vegetarian meal
- Buy fruit and veggies from local and organic suppliers.
- Use a clothes line instead of a dryer.
- Plant some seeds and start a veggie garden.
- Use recycling bins.
- Take time to be conscious of your natural environment; sit in the outdoors, walk in a park, take a deep breath, smell a flower, swim in the ocean...