Last chance to nominate for Senior's awards
8 Aug 12
There are only two days left to nominate the hard working over 60s in our community for the WA Seniors Awards.
If you know an individual or an organisation that works to improve the wellbeing of seniors or to build links between generations the time to recognise their efforts is now!
Applications need to be posted or submitted online by Friday 10 August.
To apply simply fill in the form, write up to 500 words explaining why the individual or organisation deserves an award and attach a photograph.
You are also welcome to include reference letters and other supporting documents.
This is the first year people have been able to make both online nominations for the WA Seniors Awards, so the Department for Communities is offering assistance to anyone having trouble with the new format.
If you are nominating online and have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Kolyne Tan on (08) 6551 8530 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Kolyne is also available for hard-copy nomination form assistance, or if you want to be sent a form.
There are five categories in this year’s awards;
- Community Award for voluntary work and serving the community
- Intergenerational Award for working with children and young people under 25
- beyondblue Inspiration Award for Wellbeing for seniors involved in promoting
mental health and wellbeing
- Westscheme/COTA WA Champion for Seniors Award for an individual of any age who
works in a paid or voluntary capacity to improve the quality of life for seniors or
- The Bendigo Bank Active Ageing Leadership Award for recognising organisations for their innovative planning or services that improve the quality of life of seniors.
Nominations can be made online at www.communities.wa.gov.au or if you would like a nomination pack, please call COTA WA (Council on the Ageing) on 9321 2133 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Queries can also be directed to Department for Communities on 96551 8530.